Friday, August 22, 2008

An inspiration for me....




Jacqueline has a great blog: http://myscrapbasket.blogspot.com/ and she created a card that was beautiful. After I saw her card https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg4T8ZrpunzI44k2-xsKg_SJTfAUydxfZmUW5IF0nPoFEdPFT64iDuxq5H19wnzepBOT2mHk1CndATE5BsixOA2dYhGRgvlMz0Ze0vLG3OY8El9XwPq6HiLuQwORxIw623KBZfRkeR6N8GJ/s1600-h/friends5+-+copie.JPG and how beautiful it was... I decided to create something that I hoped emulated her work.

Recipe:
  1. Take a piece of watercolor paper.
  2. Paint the background with my watercolor markers. Mix blue, purple, light blue on a CD using a watercolor brush to mix the colors and paint the background.
  3. Stamp the flowers on the right and the butterfly on the left.
  4. I attempted to stamp the saying directly onto the background and oops... It didn't take. I was having one of those days where everything I touched, I smeared, dropped. etc... To fix this I stamped the saying on a piece of sheer polyester fabric and cut the edges unevenely.
  5. Attach the fabric to the center. Mount the background to kraft paper card.
  6. Stamp flourish with versamark around the edges. Heat Emboss light purple on the flourishes. (FYI.. Apparently you can iron this material on low setting but the heat gun will melt it if you get too close. I actually liked that it melted the edges but it was difficult to manage. :)
  7. Attach flowers and butterfly. (I did alcohol ink the butterfly as it was a basic metal color)
  8. Attach lace at the bottom of the picture.

Recipe:

  • Hero Arts Lupine
  • Inkadinkado - Butterfly
  • Blue Moon Charms
  • Hero Arts Design Block - Flourish
  • Versafine - Opera Pink
  • Memento - Rose Bud
  • Crystal Stickers - Pearls
  • Ranger Alcohol Inks - Wild Plum, Blending Solution
TFL!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the touch of lace too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, I am so glad I found your blog. Love this particular card for its glitz and glammor. The butterflies and how you embellish is wonderful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shimmer and sheen on this piece. I especially like the pale pink "background" butterfly and the dramatic one that is the focal point. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!