Thursday, November 13, 2008

Be yourself....

This is a card using the distress ink background. I thought would be cute to make a little owl in different colors along with the sentiment.



The recipe for the background is smearing the ink on acetate, spritzing it until it blends together and putting the white cardstock on it to absorb the inks. I also stamped on the background to get my leaves.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Tiny Owl
  • Hero Arts - Long Branch
  • Hero Arts - Leaf Cluster
  • Hero Arts Anytime Messages
  • Ranger Distress Ink - Peeled Paint
  • Ranger Distress Ink - Broken China
  • StazOn Timer Brown
  • General Kimberly Watercolor Pencil
  • Fiskars Circle cutter, Fiskars Oval Template

I am playing with something else as a technique which I hope to share tomorrow. It has been a lot of fun for me and I can't wait to share...

Thanks for stopping over...

6 comments:

  1. You have some super ideas!! These is a stunning card - those colours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love the colors and the background! Lots of work cutting those leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sue! Love your "Be Yourself" card ... and I especially love the sentiment! Nice inky background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely too cute for words~! I really like the cut out leaves effect also! Love those cute dimensional owls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!