Friday, November 14, 2008

Nature prints...

I have been playing with leaves. I was walking my daughter home from the bus and some beautiful yellow leaves were laying on the ground. We picked up 4 or 5 and she thought it was great fun.

I decided to stamp my leaves. Here are some pictures of my experience.
Here are some of the supplies I used to create the background.

Here is my first background:
Mini-Recipe:
  1. Lay leaf on a scrap piece of paper. Ink leave with pigment ink.
  2. Lay leaf with ink face down on white cardstock. Lay another piece of scrap over the leaf and brayer the leaf several times.
  3. Lift leaf up and oohh and ahh over the detail you stamped.. :)
  4. Cover with clear embossing powder and heat emboss.
  5. Sponge golden yellow ink. Sponge brown ink around the edges.

Here is my second background:

I also used a poinsetta flower petal which provided the most detail. The poinsetta flower petal was gorgeous. I didn't end up putting it on a card because it was too large when I finished with it.

Here is the card I put together using the tree leaves.
Products:

  • Versafine - Olympia Green
  • Memento - Rich Cocoa
  • Memories - Honey
  • Verses - Apache Blessing
  • Ribbon - Unknown
  • Kaisers - Gems

Thanks for stopping by...

7 comments:

  1. Oh what fun!!!!! These are just gorgeous!!! And those leaves are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done this technique in years. What a great idea to do this with your daughter. And what a nice card you made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such lovely inspiration and I love how much variety you have on your cards! This is so creative - using your inks directly on a creation of nature - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are so rich. Thank you for explaining how you made this gorgeous card. I'll bet your daughter was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning! And it looks so easy to do, too. WOW - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very original! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really gorgeous Fall card with a wonderful technique. Love all of your background techniques. I have seen some before, but forget until I see your beautiful work. Where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!