Monday, March 9, 2009

Weathered Wax Resist Challenge

I am preparing for my 2 classes this week over at Stamp Scrap and More. (Link on my Favorites tab). I am teaching a wax paper class on Wednesday(2 spots open) and Sunday(Class Full). As I was working on putting my kits together I decided I should use some of the supplies to do a few of the challenges going on at 2 Peas Winterfest and Hero Arts weekly blog challenge.

This card actually fits in with three challenges...

This was fun as it uses some of the wax paper resist technique, masking, glimmer mist...


Recipe:

  1. Cut out 2 5" circle from plain white cardstock.
  2. Crumple plain wax paper and spread flat.
  3. Heat iron on medium setting.
  4. Place wax paper between the 2 circles.
  5. Iron for 1 minute flip the 2 pieces of cardstock with the wax paper in between and iron other side for 1 minute.
  6. Using yellow glimmer mist spray on the wax resist white cardstock circles and dab off excess with paper towel.
  7. Place mask on dry yellow cardstock. Sponge on weathered wood and broken china over entire surface.
  8. Place wax resist circle after sponging between two pieces of white cardstock and iron again for 2 minutes to remove the wax.
  9. Stamp flowers and sentiment using Stazon Solvent Ink.
  10. Pierce holes around the edge of the card. (I used a template I just purchased)
  11. Tie twine. (Didn't have any so I used needlepoint thread.)
  12. Stamp butterflies on scraps on other circle and cut out. Color in using color pencils (Blue and green)
  13. Attach butterflies using pop dots.

Products:

  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Daffodil Yellow
  • StazOn - Timber Brown
  • Hero Arts - Wild Fairy Lily
  • Hero Arts - Lupine
  • Hero Arts - Artistic Butterflies
  • Hero Arts - Clear Design - Anytime Messages
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Broken China, Weathered Wood
  • Prisma Color Pencils
  • Ranger Stickles -Yellow
  • DMC - Thread
  • The CraftersWorkshop.Com - Mini Dots All Around (Template)
  • Fiskars Circle Cutter / Templates

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

13 comments:

  1. This is drop dead gorgeous!!! I LOVE it!
    I'm going to save this one... gotta do a lift!

    Hey, good luck on your classes!! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing technique! The result is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the colors and textures. Andi is sooo right... it's drop dead gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I like the aqua teal color with the pale yellow. Cute butterflies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a stunning card, Sue! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS piece...up to your usual standards! ;) Thans so much for sharing how you created this too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the
    technique;I wish I could take your class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, the butterflies look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love wax resist and this is just gorgeous! Love every detail and step! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried this method and I too wish I could take your class. Oh what talent you have ! Thanks for the "Recipe". I am going to try....just hope something almost as nice comes out of try. Keeping your Blog in my Favorites !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!