Sunday, June 7, 2009

Background Stamps

I drew up this sketch and then tried to execute it... I am not very good at translating sketches to cards. I wanted to use three bows across a circle. Unfortunately... I didn't have enough ribbon in the color and size I wanted to get bows. So I ended up with knots...


and the card was modified from the sketch because the visual effect was not as pretty as the sketch. :)

Products:
  • Hero Arts - Wavy Leaf Pattern
  • Hero Arts - Raindrop
  • Hero Arts - Sandra's Letter Background
  • EK Success Border Punch
  • Fiskars - Circle Template
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Light Purple Embossing Powder
  • StazOn - Vibrant Violet
  • Kaiser's - Gems
  • American Craft - Ribbon
  • Prima Flowers

I have been so busy lately that my cardmaking has reflected it. My son has just graduated from 8th grade. My mom is sick and we have been working on getting her medication correct. We have a new puppy and then there is always work. So this has been a little bit why you have seen so little of my cards lately.

Have a great day!

Suzz

11 comments:

  1. So love this soft looking colour combo, the design and the gems just finish it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the lavendar colors! Your sketch is awesome! And that ribbon.. you are so brave to let it go! It's gorgeous!

    Sending you some 'big deep breaths' for your hectic week... sounds very busy... So glad you got one card in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done. I like the triple ribbon. very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally gorgeous, Sue! Love the purple and the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Otro precioso trabajo, como todos los tu haces. Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Suzz! Pretty card! I especially love the rings of bling! I've nominated you for an award on my blog. Hope you'll stop by to check it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. I can't believe how well you put the elements of this card together. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVELY! Especially the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So PRETTY Sue...Love the Yellow and Lavender you used on this!! Hope everything calms down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the effect of the knots and flowers rather than the bows. Very pretty. Hope your mom is better soon. Can't wait to see photos of your new puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love every detail! How very elegant and the bling is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!