Thursday, July 29, 2010

Last Call - Hero Arts Monthly Challenge - Food & Travel

Well... I had such a great creative day today. I was supposed to go to CHA again today but decided to stay home and create all day. You will be seeing some of the fun things I created over the next couple of days! :) The best part is I still have a few more ideas percolating that I hope to get on paper this weekend. :) Love it when the mojo is flowing...

Here is the card for Hero Arts and this month's challenge Food and Travel ends tonight so I had to share it today. :)


Here's my little story about this card. I was planning on doing a card with butterflies made from this lovely Hero Arts map stamp. I had it in my mind for this challenge. Well... I went to the library today with my kids and they have this lovely used book store. The books are incredibly cheap 25 cents, 50 cents or a 1.00 at most. I love to look for old reference books or other things to use to stamp on. (In addition to looking for books to take home to read)  I found a map for Portugal for 50 cents. Now you can't beat that! I can't get a sheet of pattern paper for that. :)

So I was thrilled. I also had this brilliant idea to look at the old cookbooks. I did pick one up. So now if I am making a cooking card I can use a recipe as the background paper! :)

Anyways that was my fun for this card. I had to emboss to get the stamping to really pop on the map. I could have used some white paint to help soften or vellum (ideas for future use for this great map)

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Portugal! :)

About CHA... I had a lot of fun.. I met up with a few of my fellow DT members which was so fun. We had time to sit and chat and talk about lots of fun things!!!

I also had time to create a few make and takes for my retailers and best of all got to play with some new products and get my hands inky.  Here is a tag I made over at the October Afternoon booth:


They put out some paper and let you pick from the stickers and make your own design. This paper was very fun.. The only downside was there was no stamping! :)

I can't wait for a few of the new Tattered Angels products to hit the stores and a few new Ranger products.

As always thanks for stopping by...

Suzz


13 comments:

  1. What a GREAT find!! Love your book hunt and mapquest...Your butterfly on map is super lovely! Can't wait to see what you make over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your travel card Sue. The butterflies look brilliant fluttering through the ferns and the map makes such a brilliant bg and base for stamping the butterflies. My local library does the same thing but I never thought of buying the books for cards - great tip!

    Your October Afternoon tag is gorgeous too - beautiful design and detail. Can't wait to see what else you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is amazing - I have some old maps but never thought of using them for this challenge - doh!!!! Love the tag too... How amazing to visit CHA - which I could have but maybe one year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzz, great post! Another brilliant idea from you for those gorgeous butterflies and, yes thankyou, I enjoyed my trip to Portugal very much. I didn't have as far to travel as you either, Lol!

    Love the little tag too. I tend to hit a brick wall when I know I can't use my beloved stamps, ha! ha!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the sentiment with the map on the second card. Reminds me that I have a lot of old maps I've been saving for some project in the future (that never happens) and I have a sentiment about a journey too.

    I really like the vintage little girl image with the bingo card. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Sue, your travel card is so gorgeous! I love how your stamped the butterflies against the map! This is so amazing!!I am loving this tag such great elements. Sounds like the show was too much fun, wish I was there too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY!!! Love both!! I love that school themed tag--so super cute! I also love the butterflies on the map!! CLEVER!! I wish I was there with you-hope you take pics and have tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous Suzz, love the ferm stamp and the tag is so ccute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun, the things you made and the fact you got to go to CHA, I just live in the wrong part of the country!
    Great idea with the map and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! The sentiment for the butterflies on the map is perfect! How creative to use the map from a book for background paper! The BINGO card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to hit my library book room too. Great source for scrappy extras. I have this butterfly stamp. It's a really nice image. Love your map card Suzanne, especially the way you tied it around the base. Your OA card is cute too. Love their papers! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so pretty! love the map and your beautiful stamping! and that tag is so cute!! love it!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love the stamping on the map and the unique way you've attached it to the card front!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!