Friday, December 3, 2010

Twelve Days of Tags - Tag # 3

Okay.. What's not to love about trees, birds and nature!  Tim's tag today has a bunch of my favorite things on it and I learned a couple different uses for the tissue tape that I had sitting in a drawer. So I am one happy camper this morning.  Here is the beautiful inspiration tag from Tim. He shows how to make a tissue tape flower too. Another great idea.  I am also going to pop this over into the Simon Says Stamp and Show your Tag challenge and The Artistic Stamper December Challenge. :)

Now here is my tag. I was cruising along following his tag and his inspiration and then I started to do my own thing. (A problem of mine...)


I didn't want to use the tissue flower on my card but definitely going to try it on another project in the future.

The background is a combinations of Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss. I stamped the script from the Stampers Anonymous set in the background in Vintage Photo and Shabby Shutters. The bird is from the Sizzix Die by Tim Holtz. The tissue tape is from Ranger. The ink on there is actually Versafine Crimson Red. I tried the dye inks but they weren't giving enough color so I put the Versafine ink on and clear embossed it. I then added the Stickles Rock Candy but it didn't give enough texture so I added some crystal fine glitter and a pearl for an eye.

The other stamps are from Cornish Heritage Farms, Impression Obsession and Penny Black. Loved the idea of using the splatter stamp with the Adirondack Paint Dauber. Fantastic effect.

The birds nest... Hmm.. I didn't have the moss and my birds around here are known for picking up junk from my dryer vent and using it in their nests. So I made a nest from the scraps on my desktop from cutting my trim on the bottom and the top. :) A little messy and not as fun as the moss.

Onto my second card for today.

Suzz


23 comments:

  1. Wow! (I think I say that word every time I visit here!) This tag is stunning, Suzz! Amazing texture! Just love the way it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!!!! Breathtaking and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, stunning is right! YOur brances with the snow look ro lifelike! Your lace and bottom treatment are gorgeous, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this Suzz. Think I'll have to try these tags

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag Sue - such a cute detail with the little nest! Adore the colors...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is fabulous and love your fun nest. The little sign is lovely too.............well actually, the whole tag is wonderful.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful tag - love your take! The added snow on the branches and Holiday sign arew wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is STUNNING! I love the soft feel with that bright red bird! Great job, Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luvin' your take on the tag, the branch is really great as is the bottom trim, luv when you do your thingie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Suz I Love your little sign! And the snow how perfect! Its such fun to take these tags in our own direction!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the snowy, winter feel you achieved with your tag and that little sign is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty! wow! love the trims you used, too. amazing work, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya Barb, love your tag, your birdie is great and fabulous colors, love the sentiment too..Thanks for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show with your fabulous project. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now dare I say it???I think I like this better than Tims LOL :D
    Fabby :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Your own thing is a winner super tag;) Thanks for sharing with the splinter group :)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  16. This tag is gorgeous and says it's Christmas like no other! Love the little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a fabulous unique style, truly enjoying seeing your takes on T!ms tags, love the little signpost on this one TFS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really lovely. Great sentiment.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry I took so long to get around to visiting you ... this is one awesome tag ... Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!