Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Father's Day! (A week early)

The JUGS challenge this week is to use a fun wood grain technique. Father's Day is coming up and I decided to use the technique to create a card for my DH.  And while I was making father's day cards I created one for my Dad.

Here is the card using the wood grain technique from Gina K.


This card is for my DH. He really deserves it!  He is so handy and fixes the kids toys all the time when they are broken.

The images and sentiment are all Hero Arts.  The wood grain was created with kraft cardstock, white acrylic paint and Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo.

The second card is for my dad.  Growing up my dad was always in a suit and this handsome fella from the Artistic Outpost Gatsby plate reminds me of my dad. 


 Have a wonderful weekend! I am hoping the sun will break through the fog later.

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. I love both of these... but the one for your Dad is Super! That's a great image.
    Hope your weekend is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flippin fantastic cards - both! My dad has been gone for many years so Father's Day is always bittersweet for me - I LOVE what you did with the woodgrain and paint! IT's fabulous, truly. Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week - we appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love how you so perfectly captured 2 different styles on these cards. The woodgrain looks amazing and I love how it looks like the white panels are screwed in place, so clever.
    Hope you enjoy the weekend in spite of the gloom. Here in SoCal we call it June gloom, it's always cold, overcast and drizzly in June.
    thanks for sharing these great cards for dads, they are perfect inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the sun did shine for you eventually Sue. Love both your cards and that wood grain technique is awesome. It looks so realistic and the card for your Dad is great too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both great FD cards and the cut out tools are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Оригинални,поздравления!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real great Father's Day card, but the one you made for your dad is real cool!
    Greetings from Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE how your woodgrain piece came out! It looks so rustic and perfect with the tools:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful FD cards! Love the added nail brads/burlap to the top card, very striking 2nd card,the Gatsby image works wonderfully for FD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE both Suzanne! The woodgrain was really FUN and I LOVE all the tools and that PERFECT sentiment! The card for YOUR Dad with the image and the argyle is just WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the wood panel looks amazing, Sue! you are just amazing, girl! very cool Dad's day card! and the second one is so elegant. beautiful colors and design. love them both!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!