Friday, January 20, 2012

Butterflies and Brocade

City Crafter Challenge this week is to show the inside and outside of your card.  I paired the challenge up with the Fashionable Stamping Challenge #18 - Butterflies or Bugs.


 I took the idea and made a window card.  So the pretty inside can show on the outside. :) 

Here is the front of the card on an angle so you can see the frame is lifted which will hopefully protect the butterflies in transit.

 And the inside:
I didn't put a sentiment or verse inside yet. I will add something when it goes to it's final destination. :)

The background is created using that beautiful Brocade Background stamp from Our Daily Bread and the Butterfly Bush is from the Faith set and the sentiment form the Simple Things Set.

I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink and added a touch of pink watercolor pencil to the butterflies. Blended with a waterbrush.

The background is stamped multiple times using the walnut stain dye ink and smeared with white acrylic paint.

I punched the border and added a strip of the background to the inside to highlight the punched border. 

The sketch is from Wee Memories Challenge.  This is Jenny's last challenge and I was happy to play along one more time.


Hope your day is fabulous! 

Suzz

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Suzz, I love the layout and the colours. I like the idea of the butterflies being protected somewhat by being in the recess too, a great idea. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love pink and brown together and I love the aperture. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that brocade background is to die for Suzz and I love the way you've distressed it. gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always adore seeing these butterflies on your creations. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A breathtaking composition. Really wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colours, and the lovely window to see the pretty butterflies! It's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - adorable card. Amazing color combo and 3D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning! Love the butterflies peeking through the "window" and the DP is awesome! Thank you for joining us at the FSC with this amazing creation! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness, Suzz! Such a beautiful card! LOVE the colors and fabulous design! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning, I love those gorgeous butterflies peeking though the frame and fabulous background stamping.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous Suzz! Beautifully detailed. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful 'Sue' card - always love your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Suzz this is stunning! ... love the butterflies and the frame ... such a clever design ... many thanks for playing at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just too gorgeous for words... Takes my breathe away. I think I really need to step my cards up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love the colour combo and the window style is fabulous ! Thanks for joining us at the FSC. Sue C X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card!! I love all the techniques you use in your work. I'm fairly new to your blog so I don't know if you ever do video tutorials, but I'd sure love to see how you did that background. I'm not good with patterned paper and don't really like much of it so I prefer making my own backgrounds so I'm always looking for interesting techniques to use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love to see what beauties you have up your sleeve! This is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have outdone your self my friend. This is gorgeous. As always we love to see your creations over at CCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Suzz...I love that you come up with something totally unique each time! This is an awesome card, and the butterlies are gorgeous. The person receiving this is one very lucky person! Thankyou for joining us this fortnight at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a gorgeous card. I love the backgound effect and the window is perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another beautiful creation! Love the butterfly window and every beautifully detailed element! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really love ur take on the sketch. this is a very gorgeous card, love the dimension for the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at final challenge of wee memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those pretty butterflies look so delicate it's nice to know they have a little protecgtion. Love the colours and the background is gorgeous. A total beautiful card.


    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely! !! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!