Thursday, April 12, 2012

I'm Late........

All April the Stampendous team is  celebrating with the folks over at the Altered Alice Blog as their Design Team and ours use the Stampendous Wonderland Perfectly Clear Stamp Set to create some fantastic adventures based on the following quote from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland -
“After a time she heard a little pattering of feet in the distance, and she hastily dried her eyes to see what was coming. It was the White Rabbit returning, splendidly dressed, with a pair of white kid gloves in one hand and a large fan in the other: he came trotting along in a great hurry, muttering to himself as he came, `Oh! the Duchess, the Duchess! Oh! won’t she be savage if I’ve kept her waiting!’”– Chapter 2; Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland


Today I am sharing one of my projects for the Altered Alice challenge:


I took the really fun checkerboard image in the set and repeated it over the background to create a backdrop for Alice.  I used the colors of red and yellow for Alice instead of her traditional blue and white outfit. :)

The card was created by cutting white cardstock to size and using the stamp to create the Ace. 

I thought it would be fun to create a belated birthday card, for one of those times when I was late in sending out my birthday wishes.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. Love it Suzz, the background is wonderful , so effective and I love Alice in her red and yellow. The card suit is brilliant. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you totally nailed this Suzz ... brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that.s creative! I could have used two of these last month.LOL (hangs head in shame) I'm so behind these days!
    LOVE your Alice card
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun take on the Alice challenge - love the checkered background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!