Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Love

I was admiring all the beautiful work by the CR84FN design team and the lovely colors for the CR84FN68 challenge and had  a few minutes to play. 

I created this:
I had stamped these flowers (Stampendous - Jumbo Cling Peony)  using glimmer mist a long time ago and had them sitting in my file cabinets. When I saw the colors for the challenge, I knew I wanted to pull out the flowers. I cut one of the flowers down to size.   I added gray using my STAEDTLER karat Aquarell watercolor pencils  in the white spaces.  I pulled the color from the glimmer mist and mixed it with the gray shading with a waterbrush. I added a hint of script and the letters of  Love and Music from the Verses Rubber Stamps to finish off my main panel. I kept the rest of the card clean and layered it onto cream and gray cardstock.

The beautiful inspiration photo:
Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous I love the flower it's beautiful as is the design and layout. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Suzanne! Love all the dimension! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :) Happy Holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, the flower and colours are so striking. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is absolutely fabulous. Love the rich, vibrant peony - and the subtle shimmer too. Wonderful work. Thanks so much for joining in with CR84FN this week. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the flower looks amazing, love the coloring of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flower!! Wonderful use of the colors! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the effect of the technique you've used to stamp this gorgeous peony and the soft gray is gorgeous. I remember my Mum having those colour in her louge many years ago (too many, lol).

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowsa!!! gorgeous flower!!!!! Love the techniques that you used! Congrats on the Terrific Top Three! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!