Wednesday, July 23, 2014

It's a Jungle Out There

Darkroom Door has a new line of stamps called Line Art.  I inked up this lovely lady and created a jungle feel.

I started with a background made from a mix of paints on a gelli plate.  I blended them together and then inked up several pieces of cardstock.

To get my images and sentiment to transfer to the background I stamped them all on tissue paper which I decoupaged to the surface.  After it dried I used water color pencils (STAEDTLER - Karat Aquarell) to color the images and finished with a white gel pen highlighting my images.

I love how the background bleeds through to give it a soft undercoat of neutral colors.

Stamps: Darkroom Door - Line Art - Flower Lady, Darkroom Door - Beauty,   Ranger Archival Ink - Black, Ranger Archival Ink - Potting Soil

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely colour scheme...a great card in total.
    greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!