Friday, March 13, 2015

Birthday Pop-Up

Hi!  I get the weekly email from Splitcoast Stampers and always like to check out the technique.  A couple of weeks ago there was a pop up card that I bookmarked to try later.  (check out the tutorial there is a wonderful video that shows how to make the card and all the measurements) Here is my take on the card.  My niece always asks for my handmade cards and I wanted something fun and interactive.

 Here is the card closed.  I used papers from My Minds Eye - The Sweetest Thing collection.  I have so many pattern papers that have a few sheets left in each set.  I was glad to be able to use a few of these pretty papers on her card.
 When you open the card there are two windows which allows the second image / sentiment to overlay the first image.
 As you pull open the card the second layer will slide over the first and display in the window.  I am in between computers so the final photo fully open will be uploaded later.
The cute image is from Great Impressions.  I was visiting my son the other day at college and checked out the local stamp store on my way.  I picked up this sweet image because he looks like our puppy.

The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Happy Everyday set.  Ink was Ranger Archival / black and Aquamarine.  The color pencils are STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell.

That's all for me today.  Happy Friday!

Suzz

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! And cute puppy. Will wait to see the other photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!