Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Scraps and Challenges

Hi!  I feel like I haven't had any creative time lately.  I have been busy with life, work and responsibilities and mostly the creative urge wasn't pushing me to create.  


I decided today to jumpstart that with a few leftover scraps and pieces created previously.  I also used the following challenges to get me going:  Mixed Media Place May challenge has a beautiful mood board which had the colors going for me.  Mixed Media World: May Challenge is Glam Grunge which I hope this qualifies as the glam is there and a bit of the grunge. Finally the Anything but Cute Challenge is celebrating your style.  I am a mixed bag of styles  but I do love my butterflies and flourishes.



 I started with this beautiful butterfly which I made awhile ago and set aside.  I also found a lovely scrap stamped with antique linen and it worked with the butterfly.  I then sprinkled the same lovely glimmer mist onto the stamped background.  Created a base to match and stamped more texture in a gold ink.

I heat embossed the black frame on the background using black embossing powder.  I edged the flower with gold ink and placed it in the center. I finished with the word shine to go with the theme on the moodboard.



Thanks for sticking with me during my absence. 

Mixed Media Place Moodboard:

 Anything But Cute:


Suzz


12 comments:

  1. love your idea thanks for playing at challenege mmp

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I like the hints of blue. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so very beautiful, I just adore the way you did the butterfly, it looks fantastic, I just have to keep going back to look at it again! Stunning!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Celebrate Your Style at Anything But Cute. Anne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining our challenge at MMW! I think it qualifies well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, this is what I call a perfection! Mixed media style, of course... grungy yet glitzy.. it's perfect! Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Mixed Media World! join our FB group to share more of your gorgeous art! You can find the link via our blog ;) Hugs, Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful card! I love the way how you did your stunning butterfly! Everything is perfect here! Love it!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is absolutely gorgeous in so many ways! I love it!!!!Thank you for joining us in MMP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card,somethimes everything falls into place.
    Gr miranda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such exquisite stamping , Suzz! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything But Cute. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, and I love how you've created your butterfly Great design and very stare-worthy! Thank you for Celebrating Your Style with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily Dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. One word. Gorgeous. i love it. Thank you for joining us at MMW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzz, a huge congratulations on your win at Anything But Cute. Please check our winners post for details on how to collect your prize! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!