Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Bountiful Harvest

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!  I am here to share my card for the challenge at Frilly and Funkie which is "Bountiful Harvest".  The challenge is  hosted by Nancy, and the funkie side of the team is sharing our projects today.   Simply create any vintage or shabby chic project celebrating the bounty of the season in the rich hues of autumn.

At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us in a Guest DT spot here at Frilly and Funkie. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

I spent quite awhile trying to decide what to create.  I kept thinking of the expression "you reap what you sow". I think my bountiful harvest is my family and am very thankful for them. 

I decided to create a card celebrating our blessing this thanksgiving.  Lately I have been a little obsessed with the crackle paste, gold shimmery stuff and lovel rich hues of brown. I think it is because of the leaves and how they start to crackle and turn brown as they finish their beautiful color display and we transition into the cold weather.


I started with some tissue paper provided by Tim Holtz when I was lucky enough to win one of his monthly draws for the Tags of the Month.  Every time Mario and him send off their lovely prizes they wrap it in the tissue paper. 

I used the lovely leaves stencil with crackle paste to emboss a section of the tissue papers.  I cut them to fit the front of the card and tore them to create a rough edge.
I originally had put this on a card base which I tried to pull in the same colors onto the background. It was a flop and ended up too muddy.  Not to worry I just tore off my tissue paper pieces leaving the edge of the original background exposed.  I applied my embossed leaves to a new background.
Then I created a mix of gold acorn tops and leaves died in browns and gold and a lovely piece of seam binding died to coordinate.

I finished with a sprinkle of gold glitter and a sweet sentiment.  Now I have a beautiful fall card to give the hostess at Thanksgiving.

Remember to hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out all the beautiful designs by my team members!

 Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. Suzz I ADORE this! The depth of texture makes me feel like I could dive into that pile of leaves and hear the crunch immediately xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly delightful Suzz, happy thanksgiving to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMMMMmmmmm! This is scrumptious! I can remember seeing leaves on the ground after a frost that looked just like this. So rich and earthy and just loaded with texture. I love the rich touches of gold, too. What a beautiful way to pay homage to your family! May you continue to be so richly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. suzz this is the most beautiful fall card! I love all your use of the mixed media procuts and the amazing shimmer and glitter! What fabulous inspiration! If you get some time, I urge you to get this into some challenges; it is certainly a winner! Iloved reading about your blessings! Hugs!

    A Vintage Journey -Cracked Up
    Anything But cute Rustic Glam
    Emerald Creek Dares Heartfelt Freedom and Festivities to name a few!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!