Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Pink and Orange Playtime

Well I have been busy playing with some things but not finishing anything. I figured I could share with you some of the samples and techniques that I have been having fun with.


I started with this:

And lots of mixed media and regular carstock pieces to play with. 
 In no particular order.  I started with laying the hearts in different patterns and then spritzing the pink and orange distress stain sprays in random areas.

On this one I sprayed water after the fact to get a dripping of the sprays to the bottom.

I stamped the text with red ink over the back randomly and then I then stamped the sentiment in pink and embossed with white embossing powder.

The next background used the same technique.
 I came back with larger print and stamped it using the same pink dye ink. I added splatters on most of my backgrounds after the fact.

For the following I decided to spritz with water the entire background which bled through my white hearts and softened the entire background.   I had stamped the sentiments with dye ink and they also disappeared with the water. 

 This one was spritzed heavily with the distress stains and I haven't decided what else to incorporate.
 Then I was over at Brenda's blog BumbleeBeesandButterflies  and she was using her watercolor powders on a beautiful project.  That got me thinking about my color bursts and what it would look like if I sprinkled over them with the powder. 


I spritzed them with water and then laid the other paper over top and patted it down until I got a reverse pattern which ended up like this: 

A very graphic effect.  I left  so much of the powder not activated with water that I will have to seal both of these pieces when I am done to prevent any activation later by accident.

Finally I thought why not try inking up the dies and using them with a fine line.  I inked up the hearts with dye ink pads and stamped the hearts randomly in different colors.  
 I still haven't finished this card but will have to shortly so it can go off in the mail. :)  Sorry I had no finished projects but hope that it might inspire you to play with your dies and sprays in a new way.

Suzz






3 comments:

  1. I love the pink and orange and the different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink and orange and the different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these two colours together. The hearts are the perfect companion and I love the colour burst ones. Have a lovely week. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!